We are all so busy that sometimes we let life get ahead of us and pull us along. If you want to take control of your life, it is important to create routine and focus on the people and things that are most important to you.
Anthony Robbins, the famous motivator, was recently on the Piers Morgan show. He said that a successful life is 80% psychology and 20% skills and mechanics. The quality of your life depends on your emotional well-being. You can improve your emotions if you follow these tips:
1. Feed your mind every day. Read something good for 30 minutes every day. Robbins was poor as a teenager and there wasn’t any internet. So he went to the library every day: “Stand guard every day at the door of your mind and feed it something good.”
[Editor's note: You can find so many books to read for free everyday on our new site, FreeKindlesToday.com.]
2. Do 30 minutes of exercise every day. Strengthen your body. Fear is physical, so is sadness, so is stagnation, so is numbness, so is rage. When you change your body by an intense workout, or a run, or even a walk, science has shown that it instantly changes your biochemistry, and your mind and your body begin to work together.
3. Find a mission bigger than yourself. Something that you want to aspire to that is worth more than your pain.
4. Find a role model. If you find someone who is doing what you want to do, it becomes real to you. Then get a plan and take massive action.
5. Help somebody worse off than you are. If you can find someone to help, it puts your life in perspective and it reminds you that life’s not about me, it’s about we.
Piers Morgan asked Robbins this question: “You’re fabulous, rich, successful, good looking, famous – if you could have only one those things, which one would you choose?
Anthony Robbins answered, “A life of meaning. Knowing that your life matters is the most important thing…. Happiness comes and goes. Happiness isn’t here every moment, and happiness isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Meaning is. Some people have gone through horrible times, but if they can contribute to other people, their lives are rich.”
Follow this advice, a little bit at a time and your life will open up and every possibility becomes possible.
Leave Your Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.