Working freelance can take courage, but that shouldn’t stop you from moving ahead. If you have gained skills as an employee, you can translate your skills and experience into a freelance career.
If you are currently employed, don’t just quit your job. Think things through and work at home in your spare time. For a smooth transition to freelancing full-time, consider the following points:
* Have a plan: If you are going to be your own boss, you need a plan of action. Know your target market and how to reach them. This might include starting a website, creating a marketing plan and saving some money to be able to pursue your business venture. Without a definite direction to begin with, you could be setting yourself up for disaster.
* Have an emergency fund. If you are leaving a job to start a business, there will be a cut in pay until you get going. Creating an emergency fund ensures that you bills can be paid while you pursue your interest. Also have some money to devote to business start-up costs, if applicable.
* Offer a free sample: For new clients who arent too sure about you, offer a discount or free sample of your work for them to scrutinize. If they like what you have done, they may hire you. It is a gamble, but one that is backed by your skills.
* Investigate online job sites. Sites like Elance.com offer work for writers, computer software creators and other creative professions. Just Google “freelance job sites” to start your research. You may have to start low as far as hourly rate, but that will change as you build reputation and writing credits.
* Network with clients: After you have done work for someone, keep in touch with them. Send them emails about new services you are offering. Staying in touch is good customer service.
* Join niche forums and blogs: Follow what others in your field are doing. But, don’t just read the blog – participate in discussions. This is how you can make useful connections with others to find opportunities to grow your business.
Freelancing your skills and experience is not easy. It takes dedication and a good plan to get started.
There is an excellent Kindle book titled, “Freelance Success: Write Your Way to a Dream Lifestyle” by Nancy Hendrickson (5 Stars, 15 reviews) that is FREE on this date. It will answer all of your questions about freelance writing. Even if the price goes up to $2.99 it is well worth the money. Click on the author’s name to see her other excellent money-making topics.
You can see other free Kindles on our new site, FreeKindlesToday.com.
We are all so busy that sometimes we let life get ahead of us and pull us along. If you want to take control of your life, it is important to create routine and focus on the people and things that are most important to you.
Anthony Robbins, the famous motivator, was recently on the Piers Morgan show. He said that a successful life is 80% psychology and 20% skills and mechanics. The quality of your life depends on your emotional well-being. You can improve your emotions if you follow these tips:
1. Feed your mind every day. Read something good for 30 minutes every day. Robbins was poor as a teenager and there wasn’t any internet. So he went to the library every day: “Stand guard every day at the door of your mind and feed it something good.”
[Editor's note: You can find so many books to read for free everyday on our new site, FreeKindlesToday.com.]
2. Do 30 minutes of exercise every day. Strengthen your body. Fear is physical, so is sadness, so is stagnation, so is numbness, so is rage. When you change your body by an intense workout, or a run, or even a walk, science has shown that it instantly changes your biochemistry, and your mind and your body begin to work together.
3. Find a mission bigger than yourself. Something that you want to aspire to that is worth more than your pain.
4. Find a role model. If you find someone who is doing what you want to do, it becomes real to you. Then get a plan and take massive action.
5. Help somebody worse off than you are. If you can find someone to help, it puts your life in perspective and it reminds you that life’s not about me, it’s about we.
Piers Morgan asked Robbins this question: “You’re fabulous, rich, successful, good looking, famous – if you could have only one those things, which one would you choose?
Anthony Robbins answered, “A life of meaning. Knowing that your life matters is the most important thing…. Happiness comes and goes. Happiness isn’t here every moment, and happiness isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Meaning is. Some people have gone through horrible times, but if they can contribute to other people, their lives are rich.”
Follow this advice, a little bit at a time and your life will open up and every possibility becomes possible.
If you love to read and love free things even more, you will really want to read this.
Do you realize that there are hundreds of Kindle ebooks that you can download and read for free?These books include fiction, non-fiction, self-help, business topics, parenting — all categories are represented. The list changes everyday.
In the past month, I’ve downloaded free books on every topic that interests me. Besides reading a lot of great fictional books, I’ve learned about crockpot cooking, dieting, getting organized, building a WordPress website, social networking, working online, and so much more.
It is fun to “go shopping” without spending one cent. And, I’ve learned a lot. I’ve also read fictional books that I might not have read if I had to pay for them.
You don’t need a Kindle reader.
You don’t need to buy a Kindle reader to be able to read an Amazon Kindle ebook. You can download free apps that allow you to read on your computer, your iPhone or iPad, your Android phone, or your iPod Touch. I own a Kindle reader, but I prefer to read my ebooks on my laptop and on my iPhone when I am out.
Why are so many books available for free?
While some of these titles are always free, many authors offer their books for free for up to three days per month. This is a marketing technique. The more downloads of a particular title, the higher the book rises in popularity – and the more likely it is that Amazon will show the book to those looking for that topic. Authors also hope to get more reviews for their books from the people who get to download them for free. (This is a good tip for any aspiring Kindle authors.)
This is why the books are free, but that doesn’t really matter if you are looking for a great book without paying one cent.
Our newest website is: www.FreeKindlesToday.com
Starting today, I will be providing links to the best Kindle books available that day. If you go to the site, you can also sign up for the Free Kindles mailing list and get an email each day. A link to Amazon’s free reading apps for your computer, laptop, iPad, iPhone and more can be found in the sidebar.
So, have fun, learn a lot — and let me know if this changes your life as much as it has changed mine!